Groupy is a killer app that will let you take things like Microsoft Office programs, Adobe Creative Suite apps, File Explorer windows, and much more, and put them into tabbed groups. Just like modern web browsers group their websites together, you can now do that with all of the Windows apps on your desktop, making for a cleaner and more efficient experience.
Creating groups is simple: drag a window to another window and combine them into a single window, with tabs showing in the title bar. For example, open multiple web browsers, all in one set of tabs, or Office applications like Excel and Word, all in a single, easy-to-use window. To ungroup, simply drag the tab off the group. Save existing groups and launch them at a later time, contained and ready to go.
Once a group is created, you can quickly switch between different windows with a simple hot-key or by clicking on the tab. Groupy can also automatically add launched programs into an existing tabbed group.
Groupy works on Windows 10, 8, and 7.
- Drag and drop applications together to group them under a common tabbed interface
- Organize multiple applications and documents together for convenient access
- Group related tabs together for optimal workflow
- Save groups of applications together for future usage
- Manage tabs in quick and natural ways with the browser-like interface
- Add new tabs to existing groups quickly and easily
- Mouseover tabs to preview the window contents
- Copy files between Explorer tabs. Drag files to the target tab, pause to switch, and then into the target window.
- Automatically group instances of the same application together